Preparing for your appointment:
Found some signs of OCD? Decide on a person you may want to bring with you to the appointment. Before your appointment, make a list of:
- Any OCD symptoms, and for how long
- Key personal information, including major stressors
- Your medical information, including other physical or mental health conditions
- Any medications or contact with other professionals
- Questions to ask your psychologist
What to expect from your psychologist?
During your appointment, your psychologist will:
- Understand your obsessive compulsive disorder
- Give feedback as to diagnosis
- Give feedback as to the best treatment options
- Ask you what you hope to gain from treatment?
- Create an individual treatment plan
- Discuss how to get the most out of treatment