Clinical Psychology Registrar Program
The program is designed to provide a broad range of skills and treatment modalities in clinical psychology. There will be scope to develop specific interest areas. This pathway is designed for those wishing to embark on a private practice career.
Our offices are based at Bulimba, Paddington and Parrearra, Sunshine Coast. We operate in a multidisciplinary way as our director co-owns adult outpatient psychiatry practice, the Oxford Clinic. This allows a more steam line process for our clients.
About the Program
We established our group practices to support the needs of our more complex and severe cases. We value individuation and authenticity in treatment and supervision, and as such have a range of supervisors and training programs in the practice. We provide a pathway to gain clinical endorsement and private practice success. Our treatment and management teams will work with you each week to heighten your knowledge and confidence in clinical psychology, private practice and anxiety and obsessive conditions. We have six STAP supervisors with varying interests who we match you with, based on your interests and personality style.
The two-year pathway towards clinical endorsement at our clinic consists of the following:
- Full-time clinical practice hours across two years
- Individual and group supervision with Board-Approved Supervisor
- Continued Professional Development with international trainers in anxiety specific treatment.
- Individual private practice mentoring
- Training with Dr Emily O’Leary in OCD competencies
- Opportunities to engage in research opportunities e.g Virtual Reality
About the Role
Unlike other clinics, a full-time Clinical Psychology Registrar position at our clinic is considered to be four days per week. As a clinical registrar at our clinic, you will be providing psychological assessment and therapy services to individuals and adolescents/children (if desired). You will meet with your supervisor weekly, and regular internal training will be provided across a broad range of topics.
What you can expect from us
- All requirements for clinical endorsement completed.
- A supportive team environment ‘
- Opportunity for ongoing involvement with the clinic following end of the program.
- The ability to move across clinics and cities (e.g Brisbane vs Sunshine Coast)
- A wide variety of clients with the opportunity to grow a niche area.
- The support of a multidisciplinary team but in a private practice as we have psychiatrists on staff.
- Modern and calm offices
- Premium grade administration and support
- Attractive renumeration package.
- A value aligned clinic; we walk the talk.
- Early Career Psychology Supervision
- STAP Supervision
- Group Supervision
- Private Practice Mentoring
- Training OCD Workbook by Dr Emily O’Leary:
- Core Professional Development Series (three times a year)
- Wellness Program:
- Social Team events
Prior to starting the program, the managing director Dr Emily O’Leary will make contact and link you in with your management team. Following this, your registrar program will be discussed to ensure we meet your expectations alongside clinical endorsement.