Fees and Rebates
Standard 50 minute Appointment: $210
Medicare Rebate (If Applicable): $92.90
Telehealth Appointment: $210.00
Cancellation Fee: $210.00
Standard 50 minute Appointment: $260
Medicare Rebate (If Applicable): $136.35
Telehealth Appointment: $260.00
Cancellation Fee: $260.00
All our Psychologists are registered with Medicare. To see one of our Clinical or Registered Psychologists you don’t need a referral from a GP. A referral is only needed if you wish to claim Medicare rebates. If you require a Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP) you will need to make a long appointment with your GP. They will make an assessment about whether you are eligible.
Eligible clients with a psychiatrist referral or MHCP issued by a GP will be entitled to claim Medicare rebates with our psychologists as follows:
- up to 10 sessions claimable per calendar year.
- $136.35 rebate per session with a Clinical Psychologist;
- $92.90 rebate per session with a Registered Psychologist.
At the end of your appointment, you will be invoiced the full session fee. At the same time, your Medicare rebate can be claimed, and Medicare will deposit the corresponding rebate into your nominated bank account.
Make an appointment to talk to your GP to find out whether you are eligible or call us on if you have any questions.
All our psychologists are registered with private health insurance providers in Australia. If you have private health insurance, you may be eligible to claim rebates for psychological sessions. The level of cover and any applicable waiting periods vary between providers and depends on your extras cover policy. To find out if you are eligible and/or how much funding you are entitled to claim for psychological sessions, please contact your private health insurance. Your private health insurance may ask for the item code that will show on your invoice. Please see the psychological session item codes below for your perusal:
- 100 – Initial Consultation with Registered or Clinical Psychologist
- 200 – Follow-up Consultation with Registered or Clinical Psychologist
- 300 – Couples Therapy Consultation with Registered or Clinical Psychologist.
The OCD clinic accepts 3rd party payments, including options such as Work Cover and NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme). This means that eligible clients can utilise these payment methods to cover the costs of our services.
However, it is important for clients to be aware that while we accept these 3rd party payments, there may still be out-of-pocket costs that they need to bear. These additional expenses could arise due to various factors, such as specific limitations or conditions imposed by the 3rd party payment providers, coverage restrictions, or variations in the approved reimbursement rates.
We recommend that clients familiarise themselves with the terms and conditions of their respective 3rd party payment providers to understand the potential out-of-pocket costs they may incur. It’s also advisable for them to directly contact their payment provider.
As you can understand it is nearly impossible for a psychologist to book in a new client at very short notice. A late cancelled appointment is a loss to three people:
- The client who is delaying their therapy progress.
- Another client who is on the waiting list to see the psychologist urgently.
- The psychologist who spent the morning preparing for the session.
Our clinic policy is as follows:
- A minimum of 48 hours’ notice is required to cancel your appointment and you will not incur a fee (unless your appointment is on a Monday where you will need to contact the clinic by 4pm on Friday to cancel your appointment without penalty).
- Cancelling an appointment within 48 hours incurs a fee equivalent to your consultation fee which will be charged and required to be paid when you call to cancel your appointment. This cannot be claimed back through Medicare.
- A confirmation SMS is sent four days prior to your appointment. If this has not been responded to within 48 hours, it will be considered confirmed.
- Any new client who fails to show for their initial visit will not be rescheduled.
- If you are unable to attend your appointment and you do not let the clinic know, you will incur the full fee of your consultation.
- If you have cancelled or missed a session it is your responsibility to contact the clinic to reschedule.